Tuesday, October 21, 2003

my mood and the uzbek postal service

i haven't been in a posting mood lately, so i've been fiddling with my links instead. i'm not sure why the mood is lacking. i can't even list the reasons like sarah just did. things are actually going pretty well, plenty is going on in my life. the best stories, unfortunately, are probably privileged and thus unblogable. lawyering and blogging don't always go well together

the uzbek postal service is troubling me. i wrote and sent approximately 135 post cards when i was there. i sent them in three mailings, each included a card to my wife. the card from the second batch arrived about 3 weeks ago. the other two still haven't. of the people who tell me they got a card, all were from the second batch. the first group was mailed around september 12th from samarkand–6 weeks ago. meanwhile i am depending on that same postal service to get the letters and package i have sent to uzbekistan to arrive. but if that is the worst of my troubles, things are not so bad.