Wednesday, March 03, 2004

yaa salam?

i just read salam pax. the link the the right has been broken for the past few weeks so i hadn't been keeping up with him lately. today, i finally fixed the link and read this:

february 25, 2004 entry by salam:
... I, my mother and cousin will be going to Karbala for a week. I hope I will be able to take pictures and blog from there...


march 3, 2004 entry by raed:
salam i was trying to call your phones all the day long, i hope u didnt die in the karbala explosions


i hope he's okay... the death toll from the baghdad and karbala explosions is now between 117 or 271 with at least another 233 wounded.

UPDATE: billmon already noticed the same thing here and here. as he wrote in that first of the two posts i just linked to:
I know it's selfish to worry about one when so many have died, but Salam Pax has become such a familiar voice -- if not a friend than at least an acquaintance. He's a constant reminder to me that the Iraqis are not props in an American made-for-TV movie, but human beings with hopes and fears and opinions and demands of their own, whose fates are now bound to our own by the insane logic of empire. I pray for his safety.
he said it better than i could.