Saturday, September 11, 2004

almost

i'm paying for wifi access now. it's my first time ever. i was going to see a movie instead, but i just barely averted being killed a minute ago and so i think i need some some tea instead.

i just got out of a movie with my parents and i have 2 and a half hours before mrs. noz and some friends meet me here for another film. given that the time i have to waste and that i am at a movie theater, another movie seems to be the natural choice. i was mulling over my options as i crossed the street when a van came out of nowhere and grazed me. it was going really fast and brushed my knuckle before it screeched to a halt. it was going too fast, it was 2 car lengths past me when it finally stopped. i was just standing in the street like a moron, still was replaying the scene in my mind to catch up to what happened when the driver rolled down his window to yell at me. i yelled back. eventually he drove away and i sat down in this coffee shop. my hand didn't start shaking until about 5 minutes ago. i don't think it's the tea.

upon reflection, i really wasn't looking where i was going and he was going way too fast on such a small road. so i suppose we were both a little negligent. moral luck. it was only bad luck that brought us on a near collision course and good luck that it was only a near collision. now it's like nothing happened. the van drove away and the contact didn't even leave a mark on my hand.

i still have time to kill and i've paid for internet access, so i will probably post more soon. but not yet.