Thursday, July 07, 2005

petty

i was all riled up into a frenzy, mentally composing a masterpiece rant against comcast for repeatedly not coming through on setting up my internet at home. i finally got connected today. but now, after the london bombing, my beef with comcast seems so petty.

meanwhile, i'm supposed to meet with my arabic tutor tonight. recently, we've been meeting at a cafe in a local train station. my tutor emailed me and suggested that maybe, just maybe, it isn't a good idea to have two guys hanging around a train station speaking arabic right now. it's not really the police we are worried about, it's more the danger of some random hyper-vigilant person seeing us and reporting "suspicious activity." that's what they are being asked to do after all. i'm curious about what really goes on in gitmo, but not that curious. i think we're gonna meet somewhere else.