Saturday, January 21, 2006

golden boy

last weekend, mrs. noz and i were watching an episode of seinfeld. the episode began like this:
(Open Jerry's apartment, Jerry is at the table and Elaine is on the phone)

Elaine: (to the phone)Well did he bring it up in the meeting?

(Jerry picks up a yellow shirt and walks to Elaine)

Jerry: Elaine, see this T-shirts, six years I've had this T-shirts, it's my best one, I call him...Golden Boy

Elaine: I'm on the phone here.

Jerry: Golden Boy is always the first shirt I wear out of the laundry, here touch Golden Boy!

Elaine: No thanks. (to the phone)Yeah, Yeah I'll hold.

Jerry: But see look at the collar, see it's fraying. Golden Boy is slowly dying. Each wash is brings him one step closer, that's what makes the T-shirts such a tragic figure.

Eline: Why don't you just let Golden Boy soak in the sink with some Woolight?

Jerry: No!!! The reason he's iron man is because he goes out there and plays every game. Wash!!! Spin!!! Rinse!!! Spin!!! You take that away from him, you break his spirit!
somehow that seems to describe him pretty well

(this post is dedicated in good humor to my favorite troll)