Friday, April 07, 2006

boycott the 12th street gym

in january i wrote a post about how robert guzzardi, owner of the 12th street gym donated money to the rick santorum, a senator known for being hostile to gay-rights issues. the donation was surprising because the gym sits in the middle of philadelphia's gayborhood. just a couple of weeks ago, i mentioned that my original post was still generating interest on the philly gay calendar message board.

well apparently, it's gotten bigger than that. liberty city is organizing a protest and boycott of the 12th street gym. the kickoff protest is on monday, april 10th at 5:00 p.m. outside the 12th street gym. if you're anywhere around philly, join the protest, pass the word and help support liberty city's action.

i'm actually quite flattered that my lowly post could have started something like that. thanks to my good friend hydromuse for telling me about guzzardi in the first place, duncan and susie for linking to my post (which is probably the only reason that anyone noticed), and to bret taboada of liberty city for dropping me an email and letting me know about these recent developments.