Wednesday, September 06, 2006

superstar

i'm pretty sure i was on national tv this morning. our story begins last night at drinking liberally. one of the semi-regulars mentioned that the lois murphy campaign was looking for people to hold signs for some news event. the sign-holding was only a couple of blocks from my office and since i actually live in murphy's district i was happy to help. i gave her my card and she said i would be called if i was needed.

anyway, i happened to get the call just as i was finishing up with one of my project. it really was a perfect time to slip away. the event was really just an MSNBC newscast about various house races. in the background of the newcaster, someone wanted a bunch of murphy and sestak supporters to stand around holding campaign signs. i was the last to arrive and so gave me my murphy sign and put me in front of the crowd, right behind the newscaster (who i probably would have recognized if i bothered to watch tv news. but i have no idea who he is because i don't). because i was directly behind him, the camera pointed straight at me the whole time. there were two live segments and then i went back to the office. no one even noticed i had left.

a pointless story, i know. but hey, i'm a tv celebrity now. who needs to have a point?