Saturday, September 01, 2007

woo-hoo!

it only took me two years to finish, but i'm finally done titling, labeling and tagging my entire syria-lebanon photo set. the problem was that when i started i decided that wherever possible i would do the place name tags in both english and arabic. but that meant that i had to constantly look up how things were spelled, and switch my computer back and forth between english and arabic typing mode. about a quarter of the way through i wondered why the hell i ever thought bilingual tags was a good idea. but by then it would have been so much work to delete all the arabic tags, i figured that i might as well finish.

anyway i promised myself that i would finish the project before i left for egypt and ended up with several hundred more photos to deal with (and because i did the syria tags bilingually, i guess i gotta do the same thing for egypt. dammit!) organizing the syria set took forever, but if you remember reading my post about the anti-iraq war demonstration in damascus two years ago, the organized and labeled photos may now be found here.

and i still have 6 weeks before i leave for cairo. with a whole holiday weekend stretched out before me,should i try to be ambitious and finish uploading photos into my vietnam set? i "temporarily" suspended work on that one two years ago until i could finish the syria set. now that that's not hanging over my head anymore, i'm feeling tempted to rush to finish that set as well before i leave. at least it doesn't involve bilingual tags, and we do have this long weekend...