Friday, August 22, 2008

anticipation is making me wait

the waiting for the obama veeppick thing is driving me crazy. not because i'm waiting on the edge of my seat--as i've said elsewhere, i really don't think the VP candidate matters all that much. but it's nevertheless driving me crazy because it seems to be driving everyone else around me crazy. today another lawyer in my firm kept coming into my office to tell me that he's figured out who obama's pick was going to be. but each time he came in it was a completely different veep. it went from biden, to bayh, to that guy from texas that no one heard of before today, to clinton, all in the course of a few hours.

memo to self: if i ever run for president, i gotta remember to string people along about the veep pick for as long as possible. seriously, everyone's going nuts. obama must be laughing his ass off about this. i also gotta remember to charter a bunch of dummy flights, to print some bumper stickers, to register misleading domain names, and to schedule a big rally, all pointing to different potential picks to keep everyone guessing.

and atrios is right, the chattering class doesn't seem to give a shit about mccain's running mate. it's probably because mccain isn't supposed to make his pick until after the democratic convention whereas obama has been saying all week that he'll do it soon. but still, obama is getting all the attention, which is probably why obama is dragging this out.