Sunday, December 19, 2010

echo bleg

so it looks like i am putting up with echo for my comments at least another year. in the meantime, the comment order seems to have reversed. that is: the new comments used to be on the bottom but now they are on the top, which i find very confusing. i've been trying to switch it back, but i can't figure out how. does anyone out there know how to do it?

meanwhile, it occurs to me that the new method of display for comments is more like how posts are displayed on the blog, with new stuff on top and older stuff as you scroll down. except in the comments it seems all unnatural and wrong, whereas it seems fine on the blog itself. i never thought about how they went in opposite directions before. and yet, i still want to change my comments back to how they were.

UPDATE: ha! fixed it myself. i don't need you after all. it was totally counter-intuitive. basically i found this chart, which gave me the idea of unchecking the "enable echo live" box on my administrative settings page. when i did, it seems to have put the order of my comments back to how they used to be. i'm still not exactly clear what that has to do with "echo live", but on the other hand, i can't say i care that much either.