Monday, December 13, 2010

pushing through to the end

my life seems to be pulling into crazytown again, the place i have called my metaphorical home for much of 2010. which means that my federal appellate brief that is officially due on friday is suddenly for all practical purposes due tomorrow. and that's on top of all the shit i need to do within the next 48 hours at home (not to mention the rest of my caseload).

unless this is all a false alarm, which unfortunately is quite possible. in that case the brief won't be due tomorrow, but i won't find out in time to avoid the scramble to get it done. and a false alarm this week would just delay the crazytown express until early next week. so i'm really hoping for a true alarm, even though that means the next two days will be dreadful. if it is happening, at least this should be my last taste of this particular flavor of dreadful.

it will be so great when all this is finally over.