Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Chocolution 22: Éclat, BRU Cacao Nibs


Another one that I think is one of my favorites. And from a local company too! This bar is part of the "Destination Bars" series, BRU being the code for the Brussels airport. Maybe I should have used the PHL bar for my weekly tasting, but it has pretzels in it and I'm trying to go the pure chocolate route as much as possible. This one has cacao nibs, but nibs don't count as an additive because nibs are just chocolate in another form.

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Based on this one and my reaction to Chocolution bar #3, I guess I like nibs.

Anyway, chocolate aside, I spent a while staring at the map that is printed on the foil that is the inner wrapping for the bar, trying to figure out what Philadelphia, Aleppo, Cuzco, Osaka, Brussels, and Tarragona have in common.


Then I realized they are all the "destinations" in this series. I guess I found that to be a little anticlimactic.