Monday, December 29, 2014

Chocolution 51: Chocolate el Rey, Mijao

Okay, it looks like all of my remaining Chocolution posts will be late. Blame my ever returning stomach virus and holiday travel. (Did I mention I was in Minnesota? Let me mention I was in Minnesota. ADDING: I did mention it! I should read my own blog).

Anyway, I ate this one the day after Christmas in MN. That's why the wrapper looks a little battered--it was in my carry on that got shoved under the seat. It was a strange one too. When it first hit my mouth it crumbled and felt really chalky (not good), then the chalky fragments all melted and a  nice rich flavor it (good). So a mixed experience that ended well. On the other hand, it's always possible that the chalky start was due to some change in the chocolate thanks to the rigors of travel.