Thursday, September 08, 2016

In which I run down an internet rabbit hole and actually find the rabbit

The below post got me looking at my photos from Aleppo that I took in 2005. That made me rediscover the two photos I took of a Russian film crew filming on location at a square in the city. I watched them do a bunch of takes of the same scene over and over again. The people making the film told me that its working title was "Skalolozka" ("Climber'). I googled around this morning and actually found the film. It's called "Rock Climber and the Last of the Seventh Cradles" and the entire film is on YouTube. I haven't watched it, and I don't know if it is any good (I doubt it is), but I was able to skim through the whole thing and I found the scene I saw them film. It takes place between 0:55:50 and 0:57.20 on the below video. If you compare it to the two photos I took at the time (especially the second one), it is definitely the same film and scene.



I can't believe I tracked this film down after all this time.