Thursday, February 02, 2017

So now we are making Australia the enemy?

Sometimes even a jaded blogger like me can be surprised by the scope of Trump's narcissistic stupidity. There really is no point is badgering a close ally like Australia. This once again shows that Trump is not guided by rhyme or reason, and certainly not any consideration of which of his actions would be best for the country as a whole.

Then there's also this:



So Trump spent a year and a half running for President, and has had access to all the briefings he wants, even highly classified briefings, for the past 3 months, and he was completely unaware of the Nauru refugee resettlement deal with Australia until now? Why do I know more about one of the U.S.'s international agreements than the president?!?!?!

Look, not everyone has to be up on stuff like this and I know I am a political junkie and follow these things more than most people. But I also work full time on a job that has nothing to do with foreign affairs. I am an amateur when it comes to this stuff in every sense of the word. There should be no topic in foreign affairs that I am aware of that the President is not. None.

(And that's putting aside the fact that the refugees to be resettled are not "illegal immigrants." I honestly don't think Trump knows what that term actually means.)