Friday, April 28, 2017

All our lives all depend upon the whims of a total moron

I thought I posted this already but I can't find it in the archives, so I might as well say it again: Like Paul Campos, for me the biggest surprise of the Trump presidency is just how stupid the president turned out to be. I never thought Trump was a particularly bright person. Fairly early in his campaign I called him "stupid", but even then it was couched in disclaimers about how were really don't know what candidates are really like. Even when he did dumb shit on the campaign trail, I assumed that at least part of it was an act. The actual human being named Donald Trump was playing the egotistical blowhard "Donald Trump" because that was his media image and that is what he thought would get him elected to office.

Now that he is elected, it is abundantly clear there was no act. What you see is what you get. He really is a profoundly stupid person. He says all this dumb shit because he just isn't bright enough to realize how idiotic the stuff he says is. Which can be funny until you reflect on the fact that this is a man who literally has the power to kill every human being on the planet.