Wednesday, August 23, 2023

I ran all the way to Canada hoping to avoid thinking about the debate

I'm in a cell signal dead zone in the wilds of Cape Briton Island. But the spot where I'm sitting at the moment has wifi, so I could catch up on the news. In addition to all the real stuff that happened, I saw a few people publishing lists of question of what Republican candidates for President should be asked at the debate tomorrow. I think they should each be asked just one question:
How can you say you are "running for president" when you refuse to criticize the one candidate who is well in the lead according to every poll?
No other questions anyone might ask them matter because, barring Trump's death, none of those other yahoos stand a chance. The only real question is why they are wasting their time (and mine!) to run.

(Yeah I guess the above question doesn't apply to Christie. But that just means its not worth asking him any questions)