Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Chatbot Revolution

It's been a year since ChatGPT was released to the public and everyone started pretending that a chatbot based on a bigger data set counts as "A.I." Now that we have all1 had a chance to play with it, here is my question:

Is there anything that this alleged A.I. has made better for anyone, other than students trying to cheat on their paper assignments?

It's a serious question. Can anyone give me an example of an actual improvement?

-----------------------------------------------
1- I have not, in fact, played with it. At least not intentiionally. The only times I have used a glorified chatbot is when I've noticed that one of the web sites I use often has gotten worse, and then noticed that happened right after the site started bragging about its inclusion of "A.I."