Wednesday, August 13, 2003

finally visited the travel clinic today about my uzbekistan trip and boy are my arms tired. it turns out my tetanus was out of date, as was my typhoid. neither were required but both recommended. at least i got my cipro prescription. that stuff just piles up. whenever i go to the developing world, i get cipro in case i develop travelers diarrhea. i never have, so i just bring it home with me and throw it in the medicine cabinet. when that anthrax-by-mail thing happened a few years back and the general public was trying to get cipro whenever they had a slight cough, i glanced at that shelf in my medicine cabinet and wondered what the street value of that stuff was. alas, i missed my chance. plus all of it is expired by now. so now i got a prescription for a new dose, which i will just join its brethren at the end of september when i come home. you know if i ever skip it on one of these trips, that's when i’ll need it.