Thursday, August 05, 2004

vote

for the first time all week, i left my office today feeling like things were almost under control. i've had a crazy busy week, but its almost over now and then i get to disappear off to vacation for two weeks. bloggable rants haunted me several times over the past few days. but alas, they only hit me when i didn't have time to do anything about it. and so, like more potential posts than i care to think about, i will probably never write them.

in the meantime, i have a task for you, my 1 or 2 remaining readers who managed to stick out this dry spell of no posting. i'm bringing two books with me on my vacation. before i leave, i'm always tempted to bring more, but once i go i end up writing more than i read. so the past few trips i have tried to limit myself to 1 book per week of travel. i've already picked one book that will go with me, i need you to vote on the other one. there are 6 books on my "to read" shelf. i want to, and will eventually, read all of them. one is the one that i have already decided to bring with me. the first sentence of the other 5 are as follows (in no particular order):

1. "It started with the Catalogue of Obsolete Entertainment."

2. "One thousand B.C.E., King David, sweet singer of Israel, bought the heart of Jerusalem from Aravnah the Jebusite."

3. "If I squint, tilt my head, and shut my left eye, all I can see out my window is 1932, straight down the lake."

4. "She woke at midnight."

5. "We perceive light with our eyes; we measure it with our instruments."

so which one should i bring?