Friday, February 03, 2017

To good to be true

I want to believe @RoguePOTUSStaff is real, I really do. And there are times I do believe it. But then I think about it and wonder how several people whose politics are that far left got a job in the Trump White House to begin with.

Whoever writes the tweets does not seem to be an old school GOPers who got the job through a party connection only to find that Trump and his aids are crazier than s/he/they thought. The author(s) do not write like Breitbartistas who drifted off the reservation after seeing the new POTUS up close. None of the plausible scenarios for the kind of person who might have gotten a White House job just a few weeks ago fits the profile of the person or persons who tweet there. (I'm going to use plural for the tweeter(s) from now on, this is getting tedious)  The positions they espouse on Twitter would put them solidly in the Denocratic party. I just don't see how they could have switched so completely so fast.

As much as I would like it to be real, when I think about who they are and how they got there, it really seems too good to be true.