Thursday, September 08, 2022

Didn't we fight two wars so I wouldn't have to read this shit?

Some of the news I consume is from foreign sources, and most of them are from the UK just because that place has a lot of news organizations that publish in English. I like to get different perspectives, although over the years it feels like the British and American perspective is not as different as it used to be. Sure, the Brits are obsessed with their royals, which I find completely unreadable. But as long as I avoid that stuff, British news sources, for all their flaws (and there are many!) often covers international stories that American sources don't.

Anyway, from the buzz I see this morning, it looks like my British news sources are about to become completely unreadable. I may need to stop checking in with them for a while.