Saturday, December 06, 2003

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

it's snowing!

i love the winter. in fact, my biggest gripe about the philly area is that the climate is too warm for me. whenever i wake up and look out the window to see snow on the ground part of me screams "snow day! no school!" (i don't actually scream, i just do in my head). this happens even when the snow comes over the weekend and there would have been no school anyway (the voices in my head apparently don't look at a calendar, just as they never got word about my graduation), and dispite the fact that i usually have to go to work anyway when it snows. but even when i have to work, it puts me in a good mood all day.

today, it may have the added bonus of getting me out of going to a certain union christmas party. said union is a client and i should start by saying that the party is not bad. it's just that when i am there i am really working, so it's not like a normal party. which means i have to be on my best behavior and try not to insult anyone. so last year, for example, when i was at the table with a particularly conservative union member, i had to bite my tongue when he talked about why it was such a good idea to invade iran. also, the party is a one hour drive from my place., which means it takes 2 additional hours out of my evening and i can't drink when i'm there. later this afternooni will call a fellow lawyer in my office to see if i can skip it this year.