Monday, January 05, 2004

blog updates

okay, so i said i was back and then i didn’t post for a while. as usual all kinds of blog ideas have swum (swam? swammun?) around my brain. i was going to blog yesterday, but played civilization instead. you’ll be happy to know that my neglect was for a good cause: my arab armies managed to hold persia at bay. so my conscience is clear.

but now down to business. first i gotta catch up on my blog maintenance. i have updated my blogroll again. another real life (if you can call this real) person i know has a blog. baj is a friend from law school and a fellow world traveler. in fact, we have had an unofficial competition to see who can visit the most countries. she is kicking my ass pretty badly these days, but i will link to her anyway. if you’re currently incarcerated, make sure to send her a love letter.

i also added intl news to my blogroll. i was unaware of his site until he emailed me the other day. i am sure it will quickly become one of my daily reads.

as for the liberal coalition i’ve updated the links to keep up with membership changes. i’d like to welcome steve gillard, echidne of the snakes, and collective sigh to the coalition. You’ve probably been in there for weeks, but, well... i’ve been a little out of it. i’m catching up now.

meanwhile the tao of dowingba has been removed from the list as he has been thrown out of the coalition. i missed much of the back channel communication about the matter because i was away, so i can’t say i know the whole story. generally i am not for throwing anyone out, even if they turn out not to be that liberal. when i first got wind that he would be leaving the coaltion, i planned to keep dowingba on my blogroll anyway. then i read more of his blog. it wasn’t the conservative ideology or his extreme rhetoric (he likes to refer to anything he disapproves of as a “rape”). what got me was his attempt to extort money from the farmer in the comments to this entry. that’s what convinced me that there really is no point in ever referring anyone to this guy. and that, my friends, is probably the last time i will ever link to dowingba’s site.