Monday, February 28, 2005

forecast

i woke up early this morning hoping to see snow on the ground. the weather reporters have been breathlessly reporting ANOTHER BIG STORM during most of the weekend and part of me was hoping it was get me out my early morning trip to a hearing in southern jersey. never mind that the forecasts were saying the snow wouldn't begin until late morning. weather forecasts are often wrong about that sort of thing.

not this time. so as i got in the car for my hour and one-half drive straight into the direction that the storm was coming at me, i actually faced the worst of all possible worlds. not only would i have to go to south jersey, it was possible that i would be stuck there.

but that didn't happen either. instead, i did my song and dance at the hearing and even made it back to my philly office by mid-afternoon, with enough time to shuffle a few papers around and then leave early before i got snowed in there. the down side is i got a good look at the huge pile o' crap on my desk and yet did not have much office time to deal with it in any constructive way. this is shaping up to be a very busy week.

so i probably will not be posting that heavily this week. if you see me try anything other than quick short posts, yell at me to get back to work. if i just have a couple of days of super-human productivity, i just might be able to dig myself out of this hole.