Saturday, May 14, 2005

ode to cheapass

i ordered a couple of cheapass games 2 weeks ago. it actually all started during our boston trip. we spent one evening playing kill dr. lucky. it wasn't my first time playing that game, but it reminded me how much i liked it (and it didn't hurt that i am the one who took the good doctor out). so i put in an order for that game and lord of the fries

then i forgot about it. until last week, when i realized nothing cheap ass had arrived in the mail lately. i called my credit card company and after its customer service agent stopped laughing at me for expecting quick service from a site called "cheapass.com," he confirmed that a charge went through.

so i called the cheapass game company to raise hell. they were actually very apologetic. i didn't even get to use the "what kind of cheapass operation is this?!?" line. plus to make me happy, they're even sending me the out-of-print chinese takeout box limited edition of lord of the fries (they only had 3 left in stock and they are no longer for sale). i'm in geek heaven. they can screw up my order anytime.