Thursday, February 03, 2011

من متاسفم ، اما این وبلاگ به زبان فارسی نوشته نشده است

lately a seemingly large percentage of my hits come from people from iran doing searches like these: 1 2 3 4

as a result, most of my visitors seem to be visiting this page. in fact, if you look at my entry page stats, (as of this moment) 149 of my last 500 visitors came in via that post, almost 30% of my total visits and three times as many as the number of visitors that entered on the home page. this site has pretty small daily hit numbers, so that's probably only about 60 persian visitors per day. but that means sixty people per day come to this blog searching for the same thing that isn't here. that's a lot of frustrated persians.

i don't really know what to make of it. is the persian web so small that my only post with farsi in the title makes it to the top of the search results by default? and why did this phenomenon only become noticeable in the past few weeks?