Saturday, May 31, 2014

سبعة عشر

Hey look at that! I still remember enough Arabic to write "seventeen" as the title of this post!!! Woo-hoo! What a special day!

But wait, there's more! The final day in May might ring a bell for long time readers of this blog (yes, both of you). As of today, my marriage is 17 years old. It is remarkably well behaved for a seventeen year old too!

I can't believe it has been that long. On the other hand, the time before I was married seems like something long long ago, in a galaxy far far away. A better time, when people knew only Darth Vader and not Darth Maul.

I used to say that getting married is the best thing I have ever done. But now that thing has some competition with the long series of things that brought us Noz Jr. So last year I snuck in a "one of the". Did anyone notice? No, I didn't think you did. I win!

(Days of Yore: 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7...)