Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Mind Bogglingly Stupid

Say you are the President of the United States, your administration is bogged down in a scandal, and the FBI official you fired is testifying before Congress about why you fired him. You want the scandal to go away and for the press to focus instead on your accomplishments as President, not the scandal that might end your presidency.

So why the fuck would you live-tweet the fired official's testimony?!?!?! That is just going to draw more attention to it, not less. You might as well shine a spotlight on the whole proceedings.

I don't know why Donald Trump's stupidity keeps surprising me. Every time I think I can wrap my mind around his idiotic M.O., he beats my expectations and does something even dumber. I have never seen someone work this hard to shoot himself in the foot.