Monday, July 10, 2017

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

For the past few years I have had this problem that the comment link doesn't appear on new posts. Today I noticed that the comment link had disappeared for all posts, not just the new ones. So I tried to fix it, which of course made things worse. As of right now, the comments are off and I can't figure out why.

I am working on the problem but I don't think I will be able to fix it today. Sorry! Please be patient and remember this is just something I do on the side.

I'm also thinking about ditching Disqus altogether and just using the native blogger comment system. I never used that before because it did not exist when I first decided to add comments to this blog, way back in the bloggy stone ages. One reason this problem has persisted as long as it has is because whenever I try to get customer support to help me the Disqus support people blame Blogger and the Blogger support people blame Disqus. Blogger comments may not be my favorite but at least if I go with them, it will stop the Blogger support people from passing the buck.

Or maybe I will just stick with Disqus. Who knows? It all depends whether I can turn the comments back on and get the comment link to reappear. Wish me luck!