Monday, October 28, 2013

Reunion: the apparently obligatory post

I went to my high school reunion last weekend. This morning I wondered if I should write about it here. Then I realized that I have been to prior reunions and this blog is so old it was in existence for the last two. So did I write about them then?

Yes and yes. But just by finding those old entries made me feel like I pretty much had to write something about this one. I mean, how could I mention 15 and 20, but not 25? What if in five years I try looking back into the archives again? Won't I be disappointed if the 2013 entry is missing?

So okay future me, I'm writing, I'm writing. Get off my fucking back already!

Anyway, I'm the kind of person who actually enjoys these things. I liked seeing people from my misty past, and then knowing that I won't see them for a bunch of years after that. Twenty-five years is a long time. After seeing all of them, I'm not going to say it seems like just yesterday. A quarter century sounds about right.