Thursday, June 18, 2015

Scat fire!

Longtime readers (yes both of you) will recall my periodic posts about Scat Airlines, which was my hometown airline during the time I spent in Kazakhstan (Scat was the only airline to serve Taraz, the city I lived in. Even Air Astana, the national airline did not go there). Why just last March, I noted that Scat was rated the second most dangerous airline in the world. In today's Scat news, one of its planes burst into flames while sitting at the gate in Aktau.

It was even a Boeing 737 too, not a soviet model plane like the Yaks and Tupalevs Scat had when we flew the airline. I guess Scat got rid of them when Kazakhstan banned soviet-made planes from its skies. But even Scat's western planes still burst into flames.

(Previous Scat-related posts: 1 2 3 4 5)