Saturday, November 05, 2016

Undone

Almost a month ago, I revealed how I would decide that the presidential election is so lopsided it's effectively over and I could start worrying about something else. (That standard is if 538's "polls only" forecast had Clinton's chances of winning Texas higher than Trump's chances to win the presidency). Two days later, the standard was met and I deemed the election effectively done.

So does this mean that it is undone?


Actually, I'm not really worried, at least not on a conscious level. Intellectually, I'm still pretty confident that Clinton will win and I even think she will win by a comfortable margin, at least in the electoral college. But there is a lot of tension in the air--at least among my friends and co-workers. So I do feel tense about it. I'm looking forward to Wednesday.