Tuesday, March 21, 2006

a very special drinking liberally

i'm getting off my duff and plugging drinking liberally early today. okay, i guess typing this thing still involves duff sitting, but i'm speaking in more of a metaphorical sense. i don't consider my metaphorical duff activated at this particular moment, y'see...

focus noz, focus.

so anyway, for over a year i've been occasionally bitching about how people regularly come through the philly DL for the chance to meet various big name bloggers, people even show up asking for some who aren't regular attendees. and yet, no one* ever shows up looking to meet the famous noz (okay, if not famous, at least vaguely familiar. or if not familiar, at least someone who's name i can try to make you memorize. i'll even bring flash cards).

until possibly today.** over the weekend i got an email from horatio, a chicago blogger and fellow member of the liberal coalition who i never met before in real life. he's in the area and wanted to make sure that i'll be at this week's DL so he can meet me.

so, if you can, come to philadelphia DL tonight at tangier, 18th and lombard, 6 p.m. until its over, to maybe*** meet the famous horatio.

after today i guess i won't be able to whine about how no one ever comes to meet me. i'll have to come up with something completely new. i'm sure i can think of something before next week.

-------
* yeah, i know, i know, chris claims that he first went looking for me. but he only mentioned that to me months after he had become a regular, so it still strikes me as an after-the-fact attempt to flatter me. i'm flattered chris would try to flatter me, but that doesn't mean i don't also think he's full of shit on this particular issue.

** yes, there have been a couple of people who have come to DL at my invitation (MatthewB, femdujour, HK, and mrs. noz all come to mind). but i knew all of them in real life before they showed up to "meet" me, and they all knew me before i became the blogging sensation i am today. so that's completely different.

*** i'm not actually guaranteeing that horatio will show up. maybe he won't and my right to whine will be preserved for at least another week.